Cross-linked polyethylene molecular chains (PEX) are formed into plastic tubing which can be used to solve many different plumbing and heating problems. Since its invention in the 1960’s, HDPE pipe fittings has become popular in Europe. Previously ten or fifteen years, it is now increasingly popular in america. The material is touted as more flexible, cheaper, and at withstanding extreme temperature than copper or CPVC pipe. PEX pipe can withstand temperatures as much as just under boiling (200 degrees Fahrenheit, 12 degrees under boiling) and only before freezing. PEX-a is the most flexible type of PEX and has the capacity to expand in freezing temperatures and then return straight back to form, whereas copper pipe will burst, causing huge problems in your system.
Three grades of PEX tubing are produced, each made via a different production process. PEX-a, made using the Engel method, is proven to be the strongest and most flexible of the three grades. PEX-b, made with the Silane method, is also relatively strong and versatile. PEX-c, created by the electronic beam method, is really a more brittle material, which makes it harder to do business with. Regardless of the grade you decide on, you will find PEX products for example tube cutters and PEX uncoilers that make the material much easier to manage during installation.
Important details to know when purchasing PEX tubing:
1. Are you gonna be while using tubing to get a plumbing or heating application?
2. What size tubing do you want to need? The available sizes typically cover anything from 5/16″ to 4″. Some applications require specific sizes; as an example, only Quik Trak could only be installed with 5/16″ tubing.
3. Would you like to color code your plumbing system for easy reference? Red, white and blue tubing are available for this purpose. There is not any difference in the functionality, but red is usually useful for hot lines and blue for cold.
4. What duration of tubing would you like to need? Tubing can typically be bought in coils of 50-1200 ft. The level of tubing needed is determined by the size of the region you are installing and also the loop lengths.
5. What grade of PEX material would you like to need? HDPE butt fusion fittings comes in three material grades PEX-a, PEX-b, and PEX-c as outlined above. When you are within a region that gets very cold, you may use PEX-a to avoid the potential risk of your pipes bursting if your pipes freeze. Furthermore you will want to use PEX-a if you choose the ProPEX Expander system because only PEX-a is flexible enough to go back to form and make a secure fitting after being expanded.
6. What tubing type is required for your specific application? The 3 tubing types are oxygen barrier, non-oxygen barrier, and aluminum PEX. Oxygen barrier tubing is normally employed for heating applications, and will help in order to avoid iron components, including cast iron pumps, from rusting. The main benefit Aluminum PEX, or PEX-AL-PEX, is hdpep1pe it holds its shape when bent. PEX-AL-PEX is generally useful for high-temperature applications, such as baseboard.
When focusing on a PEX project, be it for any heating or plumbing system, you may need a selection of products in addition to PEX tubing. PEX fittings (specialized parts intended for connecting PEX to PEX or PEX to copper) and PEX tools (tools designed specifically to work alongside PEX products) will be crucial to the prosperity of your heating or plumbing project. Additionally, you will require a PEX radiant heat manifold or PEX plumbing manifold as well as insulation, thermostats other installation parts. controls like thermostats, as well as heat insulation could also be purchased. Radiant heat and PEX plumbing starter packages can also be found online so it will be simple for DIYers to get everything they require with regard to their project in a single.
Plumbing and heating problems have been solved using PERT-AL-PERT pipe. These kinds of products are created having a polymer material that is certainly flexible, more affordable and much better capable to sustain extreme temperatures than copper or CPVC pipe. There are many options to consider when planning your project and it is very important choose parts that are compatible because of the other areas you have chosen and with your body. Consider PEX tubing and PEX products for your forthcoming heating or plumbing job.